The position as Risk Analyst is part of our newly established Development Guarantee Facility. The purpose of the position is to engage in financial modelling and risk assessments as part of the due diligence process of the Guarantee Team, and in close cooperation with Sida and the National Debt Office of Sweden. As Risk Analyst, you will also be expected to contribute to developing appropriate processes for risk assessment and pricing of guarantees.
Are you interested in economic growth and development? Do you want to contribute to new investments in emerging markets and developing countries? Are you passionate about credit risk assessments? In this position, there is an opportunity to be part of an independent government-owned fund that strives to make the world a better place through high impact investments, loans and guarantees.
Welcome to IFU
We drive investments in the form of equity, loans and guarantees with the purpose of contributing to the green transition as well as economic and social development in developing countries and emerging markets. We work every day to realise the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
IFU is managing a pilot program for guarantees on behalf of the Danish government. The purpose is to mobilise private capital for sustainable investments in developing countries. The program is implemented in close collaboration with the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, and the Swedish Development Cooperation Agency, Sida, where a similar guarantee program has been running for many years.
You can read more about IFU here.
IFU will rely on you to deliver
- Economic and statistical modeling to assess risk and determine pricing of guarantees
- Support the Guarantee Team with extensive analysis of credit risk in potential engagements
- Assist the Guarantee Team in negotiating terms and conditions and participate in other aspects of due diligence of guarantees such as development and climate impact
- Challenge assumptions and structure of risk models used by partners
- Contribute to adaptation of IFU’s financial reporting and systems to include risk assessments and monitoring
- Portfolio analysis and monitoring of key variables and indicators based on available data
IFU’s head office is in Copenhagen, where our vacant position is located. IFU has offices in Asia, Africa, Latin America and in Ukraine, and spans 20 different nationalities across the organisation. We are looking for a candidate with interest and ability to travel to developing countries.
- Master’s degree with good academic results
- Expert user of Excel, with an aptitude for modelling
- Detail-oriented with an analytical approach
- Appreciating the importance of common goals and team effort
- Motivated by results
- Strong interpersonal skills, situational awareness, and flexibility
Build your career with IFU
We expect you to have a passion for economics and 1-3 years’ experience within the field of risk assessment. A flair for statistical or financial modelling, Excel or other software. Knowledge from or interest in developing countries is a requirement in this position. Further, great communication skills in English and preferably also in Danish are a pre-requisite.
Please submit your application to [email protected], no later than 29 September 2022. Start date is as soon as possible, but we will wait for the right candidate.
If you have any questions regarding the position, feel free to contact Investment Director Theo Ib Larsen, Mob: +45 41 38 12 37or HR Manager Lise Orthmann, Mob: +45 30 94 31 54.
We look forward to hearing from you!
IFU – Investment Fund for Developing Countries provides risk capital and advice to companies wishing to set up business in developing countries. Investments are made on commercial terms in the form of equity and loans. The purpose is to promote economic and social development in the investment countries. IFU acts as fund manager for the Danish SDG Investment Fund, Denmark’s Green Future Fund, Danida Sustainable Infrastructure Finance, the Danish Climate Investment Fund, the Danish Agribusiness Fund, IFU Investment Partners and the Investment Fund for Central and Eastern Europe. IFU’s head office is in Copenhagen, and we have regional offices in China, India, Singapore, Kenya, Ghana, Brazil and Ukraine. For more information, see www.ifu.dk.